The Mississippi State Bulldogs might not have the greatest history and depth as some other schools it competes with in the NCAA, but there is still plenty there to choose the 50 best athletes in school history.
Trying to narrow down a pool of players who deserve to be called the greatest Mississippi State Bulldogs ever is difficult enough. Then trying to whittle the list to 50 players and then rank those players accordingly is a monumentally difficult task. Nevertheless, I gave it my best shot. It won’t be a perfect list, but it will be fair. There were three basic things I considered when compiling this list. The first was accomplishments. The player had to have accomplished a significant amount to be put on this list. The second was notoriety. For a player to make the list, their accomplishments needed to bring some type of notoriety.
More from Maroon and White Nation
- Mississippi State Baseball: Finally National Champions
- Mississippi State Baseball: Dawgs return to Omaha with hopes of first title
- Mississippi State Baseball: Huge weekend ahead for No. 10 MSU
- Mississippi State Bulldogs News: Bulldog Finalists for the Conerly, Howell, and Ferris awards
- Mississippi State Basketball: NBA Draft prospectus of DJ Stewart Jr.