The Mississippi State Bulldogs might not have the greatest history and depth as some other schools it competes with in the NCAA, but there is still plenty there to choose the 50 best athletes in school history.
Trying to narrow down a pool of players who deserve to be called the greatest Mississippi State Bulldogs ever is difficult enough. Then trying to whittle the list to 50 players and then rank those players accordingly is a monumentally difficult task. Nevertheless, I gave it my best shot. It won’t be a perfect list, but it will be fair. There were three basic things I considered when compiling this list. The first was accomplishments. The player had to have accomplished a significant amount to be put on this list. The second was notoriety. For a player to make the list, their accomplishments needed to bring some type of notoriety.
More from Maroon and White Nation
- Mississippi State baseball: Bulldogs rally, win game 1 of Frisco Classic
- Maroon & White Audible: Mississippi State basketball can improve seed at Auburn
- Maroon & White Audible: Mississippi State baseball prepares for Frisco Classic
- Mississippi State baseball shuts out Southeastern Louisiana
- Mia Davidson’s grand slam leads Mississippi State softball over Memphis