The Mississippi State Bulldogs might not have the greatest history and depth as some other schools it competes with in the NCAA, but there is still plenty there to choose the 50 best athletes in school history.
Trying to narrow down a pool of players who deserve to be called the greatest Mississippi State Bulldogs ever is difficult enough. Then trying to whittle the list to 50 players and then rank those players accordingly is a monumentally difficult task. Nevertheless, I gave it my best shot. It won’t be a perfect list, but it will be fair. There were three basic things I considered when compiling this list. The first was accomplishments. The player had to have accomplished a significant amount to be put on this list. The second was notoriety. For a player to make the list, their accomplishments needed to bring some type of notoriety.
More from Maroon and White Nation
- Mississippi State Basketball: Nikki McCray-Penson Leads a Talented Team in Year One
- Mississippi State Basketball: Howland to Lead Mix of Returning Players, Transfers, and Freshmen in Year Six
- Mississippi State Basketball: Prime Draft Destinations for Robert Woodard II
- Are you the 2020 FanSided Sports Fan of the Year?
- Mississippi State Basketball: Prime Draft Destinations for Reggie Perry