The Mississippi State Bulldogs might not have the greatest history and depth as some other schools it competes with in the NCAA, but there is still plenty there to choose the 50 best athletes in school history.
Trying to narrow down a pool of players who deserve to be called the greatest Mississippi State Bulldogs ever is difficult enough. Then trying to whittle the list to 50 players and then rank those players accordingly is a monumentally difficult task. Nevertheless, I gave it my best shot. It won’t be a perfect list, but it will be fair. There were three basic things I considered when compiling this list. The first was accomplishments. The player had to have accomplished a significant amount to be put on this list. The second was notoriety. For a player to make the list, their accomplishments needed to bring some type of notoriety.
More from Maroon and White Nation
- Dak Prescott alleged birthday party draws big reaction
- Mississippi State football: Non-conference opponents the Bulldogs should schedule
- Kylin Hill will be big part of Mississippi State football success in 2020
- Mississippi State basketball: Robert Woodard II entering NBA draft leaves big hole
- Mississippi State football tailgate recipe: Homemade chips and salsa for the win