Ben Howland is taking his Mississippi State basketball team to Lexington. Are you ready to see the No. 22 Bulldogs battle the No. 8 Kentucky Wildcats?
The 22nd ranked men’s Mississippi State basketball team is up in Lexington, Kentucky. That means that the Bulldogs will face off against the 8th ranked Kentucky Wildcats. Which, well, that means that MSU will be playing a really tough opponent on ESPN tonight.
And, uh, that means that MSU will have a hard time coming out on top. Rupp Arena + huge game + nationally televised contest = difficult game for the visiting team.
Tonight, that visiting team is the men’s Mississippi State basketball team.
It’s officially Mississippi State basketball gameday:
- “It’s gameday: No. 22 Mississippi State basketball vs. No. 8 Kentucky Wildcats” from Maroon and White Nation
Oh, hey, some football stuff came up:
- “Mississippi State football: 5 concerns from Joe Moorhead’s first season” from Maroon and White Nation- Look, there were some things that happened during the first season of the Joe Moorhead era of Mississippi State football that simply weren’t very good. These things can be a bit concerning.
- “Losing Charles Huff to Alabama potentially a disaster for Mississippi State football” from Maroon and White Nation- Losing Charles Huff, for example, is something that could potentially be very concerning.
- “Charles Huff thanks Mississippi State football fans in farewell letter” from Maroon and White Nation- But hey, Charles Huff wrote a very nice farewell letter to Mississippi State football fans. This is something that you should go and read.
- “Mississippi State football: Bob Shoop and Brian Baker reportedly sign extensions” from Maroon and White Nation- And on the bright side, not every assistant coach for the Mississippi State football team is leaving! Moorhead reportedly got Bob Shoop and Brian Baker to stay in Starkville. And that’s a good thing!
Mississippi State baseball is getting some solid preseason respect:
- “Baseball America ranks Mississippi State baseball in preseason top 10” from Maroon and White Nation- In the first year of the Chris Lemonis era of Mississippi State baseball, the Bulldogs will enter into the season as a top 10 ranked team. At least according to Baseball America.
- “Mississippi State baseball ranked 14th in D1 Baseball Preseason Poll” from Maroon and White Nation- According to D1 Baseball, the Bulldogs sit at No. 14 in the rankings. That’s not quite as fun or as exciting as Baseball America’s rankings, to be completely honest.
Here, listen to a song (or three):
The Mississippi State basketball team is playing the Kentucky Wildcats. It’s only fair that we listen to some music from an artist born in Kentucky. And so, here’s some of Tyler Childers’ work.
And just for the heck of it, let’s throw some Sturgill Simpson in here as well. He’s from Kentucky too, so this works.
The music video is odd, but the song itself (a cover of Nirvana’s work) is worth listening to.
And so, now you should be ready for the Mississippi State basketball game against the Kentucky Wildcats tonight. And if you’re not, that’s totally fine too. We’ll have more content coming out later today to help with that.