Vanderbilt Football 2016 SEC East Prediction: 6th
With Spring Practice in full swing, I make my annual SEC predictions for the upcoming 2016 football season.
The Vanderbilt football team was a complete disaster in 2014. The team lost and lost bad to just about every team they played. Not much was expected of the 2015 team. But the defense for the Commodores played really well, and almost pulled a few big upsets and grabbed a couple of wins no one saw coming. Will it be any better in 2016? Probably not, but you never know.
|Opponent||Home or Away||Predicted Outcome||Wins||Losses||SEC Wins||SEC Losses|
|South Carolina Gamecocks||Home||Win||1||1|
|Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders||Home||Win||2|
|Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets||Away||Win||3|
|Western Kentucky Hilltoppers||Away||Win||4|
|Tennessee State Tigers||Home||Win||5|
|Ole Miss Rebels||Home||Loss||6||6|
|Overall 5-7, SEC 1-7|
I think 2016 for the Vanderbilt football team will look a lot like the 2014 and 2015 seasons did for the Kentucky Wildcats. The Commodores get off to a hot start and then they run in to the teeth of their schedule and everything goes to pot.
I’m being slightly bold by picking the Vanderbilt football team to go into Atlanta and get a win over the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets. If they can pull that game off, seven wins isn’t out of the question for Vandy.
More from Maroon and White Nation
- Mississippi State Bulldogs news: Barbay implements new offense, Fitzgerald speaks out about CFP, more
- Mississippi State Bulldogs news: Spring practice update, new-look offense, March heartbreak, more
- Mississippi State Bulldogs news: Lady Bulldogs take on Creighton, SEC baseball, and more
- Mississippi State Bulldogs news: Lady Bulldogs advance to round of 64, SEC baseball begins, more
- Mississippi State Basketball fans react to last night’s gut-wrenching loss
If the Commodores can find a way to go into Missouri and Kentucky and pull off road wins, then there is certainly a possibility for this team to get to a bowl and be better off than what I have indicated here.
The tale of the tape for the Vanderbilt football team will be if they can get enough from their offense to get them enough wins to go bowling. i don’t think they will, but if the defense holds up like it did a season ago, they won’t need very much to get there.