Teams with veteran quarterbacks in the twilight of their careers
The last group has seven teams in it. I think one of these teams would be the most optimal place for Dak Prescott to get drafted. These players probably still have one to three years left to play, and Dak could learn a lot from them. He’d then be in a good position to take the reins and pick up where they left off.
- New England Patriots
- Tom Brady is 38. He will likely retire with in the next two to three years, and Belichick took a guy most didn’t think had high hopes for succeeding in the NFL and turned him into one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game.
- Denver Broncos
- Peyton Manning might have one more season, if that many. And I don’t think Osweiler is the answer for the Broncos. This would be a great place for Dak to go, even if I died a little on the inside seeing Dak play for the Broncos.
- New York Giants
- The Giants could have gone here or the first list. Eli Manning is 35, so I think he has at least three more good seasons. I don’t know if he has many more than that though. On a side note, how interesting it would be for the best quarterback to play at Ole Miss to hand the reins to the best quarterback to ever play at Mississippi State?
- Dallas Cowboys
- I think a part of my soul might die if Dak played for Jerry Jones, but this is pretty much the same thing as what it would be with Eli in New York.
- San Diego Chargers
- Once again, Rivers is close to being done. I just don’t know how close.
- New Orleans Saints
- This is probably the team that would make most Mississippi State fans happy. Brees is 36 and probably has two, maybe three seasons left.
- Arizona Cardinals
- This might be the best spot for Dak Prescott to get drafted. Palmer is the same age as Brees and has about the same amount of time left in his career. But the Cardinals could be good for a while.
So there you have it. These are where I think Dak would be in the best situation to succeed in the NFL. If you have a different opinion, let me know in the comments section.