1. TCU – This game just adds to the exciting slate of SEC games on the opening weekend. The Bayou Bengals will join MSU in the Lonestar state, but they’ll be in Jerry’s World to face a TCU team picked to come in 3rd in the Big 12 by the media.
2. UAB – Yawn.
3. Kent State – Another yawn.
4. Auburn – Basically LSU is going to sit at home and pound UAB and Kent State before Auburn comes to their front door step, but War Eagle will have just played Mississippi State….so much more time to freshen up and prepare for the lighter shade of Tigah.
5. at Georgia – Here comes the stiff SEC test. Odd are Auburn won’t give them too much to handle, but you never know (see: last year). The Tigers should be ready and they’ll need to be – UGA has a bye and North Texas preceding this game.
6. at MSU – This is a sandwich game between going to Georgia and facing Florida at home that could present problems. There’s no question LSU doesn’t consider State much of a threat, so coming off a big game and looking ahead to another one just as big could be a factor. MSU coming off a bye as well.
7. Florida – The fourth straight SEC game against quality competition may start to wear on them. It will be the 4th straight for the Gators as well, but theirs includes UK, UT and UPig – teams that may struggle to make a bowl this year.
8. at Ole Miss – Yet another tough SEC game, and the Rebels always give them fits. Typically this game is played in the 2nd to last weekend of the year, but is in just Week 8 for 2013. It’s a tough stretch for OM as well – at Bama, at Auburn, vs. A&M before this one.
9. Furman – FCS opponent.
10. Bye – Finally an off week for the Fightin’ Tigers. And they’ll need it as the annual massively huge game with Alabama is up next.
11. at Alabama – If this game lives up to what we’ve seen in the regular season matchups we’ve seen since Nick Saban has been with the Tide it will be another treat. Bama has a bye the week before as well.
12. Bye – Off week to recover. Off week to prepare for Johnny Football.
13. Texas A&M – LSU was one of only two to beat A&M last year. This time it’s in Baton Rouge, but the Aggies have an off week prior to this as well.
14. Arkansas – The annual Friday after Thanksgiving game. This one will be in Death Valley where LSU has won 8 of 10 since the Hogs joined the SEC (1993, 2007).