A fun day of SEC football! I really like it when we play early, win, and then we get to enjoy the rest of the day knowing the Bulldogs got a W already.
Florida – wow. Will Muschamp should be fired…they are dismal with amazing athletes I don’t care how many injuries there has been. Losing to Georgia Southern, a FCS school, is totally unacceptable. They’ve officially clinched their first losing season since 1979 and it’s likely to get real ugly against Florida State next week.
Vanderbilt has wins over Georgia, Florida and Tennessee this year. Just 5-6 years ago could you fathom that? With UT losing it makes it so MSU could be the 10th SEC bowl team with a win on Thanksgiving night. So that should mean we avoid Birmingham and go to the Liberty – but first things first we need to get to six.
LSU has the magic potion for Johnny Manziel. They are the only team that can stop him – two years in a row.
Missouri still controls their own destiny winning in Oxford. And I’m glad they beat the Rebs.
1. Alabama, 11-0 (7-0) – Easy win over Chattanooga. Iron Bowl on deck.
2. Auburn, 10-1 (6-1) – With Baylor losing, Auburn is a Ohio State or Florida State loss away from controling their own destiny to go to the BCS title game. Unbelivable.
3. Missouri, 10-1 (6-1) – Big win when they needed it. Their defense has been solid all year.
4. LSU, 8-3 (4-3) – Very nice win vs. A&M. Their team was gutted in the offseason and they had a tough schedule but have navigated it pretty well and will likely end 9-3.
5. South Carolina, 9-2 (6-2) – Oh, what could have been if they hadn’t lost to Tennessee. They’d have already clinched the East and would be national championship contenders. Clemson on deck.
6. Texas A&M, 8-3 (4-3) – First loss on the road in the SEC. They’ve got a huge game to play spoiler in Columbia, MO next week.
7. Georgia, 7-4 (5-3) – UGA finished up their SEC schedule with a win over UK. GA Tech on deck in Atlanta.
8. Ole Miss, 7-4 (3-4) – Loss to Mizzou breaks their 4-game winning streak.
9. Vanderbilt, 7-4 (4-4) – Vandy has a chance to go 8-4 in back-to-back seasons. Amazing.
10. Mississippi State, 5-6 (2-5) – The Dawgs are still kicking. Despite the bevy of mistakes each game they keep grinding and have put themselves in a position to salvage the season with a Egg Bowl win and bowl game – it’s all about Thursday night.
11. Tennessee, 4-7 (1-6) – Four straight losing seasons. Can’t believe that.
12. Florida, 4-7 (3-5) – See above. This is Florida, right?
13. Arkansas, 3-8 (0-7) – Lost eight straight for the first time in their history. I feel like I want to say ‘wow’ a lot in this post.
14. Kentucky, 2-9 (0-7) – One more game until it’s 100% basketball season….yay!