Week 11 in the SEC is in the books. Alabama is still undefeated, Florida is in danger of not having a winning record for the 1st time since 1979 and Bulldog Nation feels better than it has in 6 weeks after a 10 point loss.
I’m a fan of the TV schedule from yesterday. I had 5 games going on at the same time during the early games. There was always one or two on commercial and they were somewhat staggered as far as the game clock. It was nice to get them all going on, and out of the way to focus on MSU during the 2:30 game. Then LSU and Alabama for the nightcap it was a nice SEC day. The games could’ve been a little more competitive I guess, but I’m not going to complain about a football Saturday.
Here are my power rankings..
1. Alabama, 9-0 (6-0) – They just keep rolling. Incredible. They’ll be in Starkville this week.
2. Auburn, 9-1 (5-1) – My brother is a senior at Auburn, here’s the roller coaster Auburn football has been on in his 4 years: 14-0 national championship, 8-5, 3-9 fire the coach, 9-1 potential chance to win the West in the Iron Bowl
3. Missouri, 9-1 (5-1) – I’m moving them down a spot just because Auburn has better wins with Texas A&M and Ole Miss. Mizzou will get their chance to face those two, however, after a bye in Week 12.
4. Texas A&M, 8-2 (4-2) – They’re a solid team with Manziel. Bye coming up, then LSU and Mizzou.
5. South Carolina, 7-2 (5-2) – Coming off a bye they’ve got Florida at home next week…which isn’t looking like a tough game.
6. Georgia, 6-3 (4-2) – Relatively easy win vs. App. State…Aaron Murray became the SEC’s all-time leading passer. Big game at Auburn coming up.
7. Ole Miss, 6-3 (3-3) – The Rebs became bowl eligible against Arkansas this week. They’ve got Troy and then finish with Mizzou and MSU.
8. LSU, 7-3, (3-3) – Oh how the mighty have fallen. As many expected, the game with Alabama wasn’t the mega-clash it has been the last few years. Their defense just isn’t the same as in years past, but as badly as they were gutted that is understandable.
9. Vanderbilt, 5-4 (2-4) – If they beat Tennessee will they erect a statue of James Franklin? Beating Florida for the first time in 22 years – and in the Swamp! Wow.
10. Florida, 4-5 (3-4) – Will Muschamp is all but dead in Gainesville. They’ve still got South Carolina and Florida State on the road.
11. Mississippi State, 4-5 (1-4) – I’m moving the Dawgs up a spot for playing A&M tough. Out-gaining the #4 and #5 team in back to back weeks on the road means you’re a good team, just have to eliminate the constant flow of mistakes.
12. Tennessee, 4-6 (1-5) – That South Carolina win is kinda looking like a fluke right now. They’ll have to beat Vandy and UK to get to six wins.
13. Arkansas, 3-7 (0-6) – The Hogs move out of the cellar with a pretty good game in Oxford. They’ve got a week off to prepare for MSU.
14. Kentucky, 2-7 (0-5) – Mark Stoops still cleaning up the mess. They played hard against Mizzou but it was only good enough to hang for a quarter.
SEC Basketball Standings
1. #1 Kentucky, 2-0
2. #10 Florida, 1-0
2. Arkansas, 1-0
2. Auburn, 1-0
2. Georgia, 1-0
2. Mississippi State, 1-0
2. Ole Miss, 1-0
2. Missouri, 1-0
2. South Carolina, 1-0
2. Texas A&M, 1-0
11. LSU, 0-0
11. Tennessee, 0-0
11. Vanderbilt, 0-0
14. Alabama, 0-1