I was gonna do a stats post, then I saw Robbie Faulk’s over at Bulldog Blitz and felt small by comparison, ha. So I’ll just go through the stat book and let y’all know what I found that might be interesting…
- Derrick Milton has 1/8 the amount of touches as LaDarius Perkins (96), but he has three times as many touchdowns (3).
- Mississippi State QBs are on pace to throw for 11 touchdowns this year, they threw for 28 last year.
- The offense is on pace to shatter previous records for total yards per game. They are currently at 447 – Mullen’s highest total was 401 in 2010.
- MSU is in the top 10 of the SEC in total offense, rushing offense, passing offense, scoring offense, total defense, rushing defense, passing defense and scoring defense yet they are without a doubt the consensus 12th best team in the SEC this year. Go figure.
- The -5 turnover margin vs. South Carolina took MSU from top 3 in the SEC to 11th (-1).
- Dak Prescott has more receiving yards than Jeremey Chappelle, Brandon Hill and Fred Brown.
- MSU is last in the conference in sacks with 10, but Alabama only has 11.
- State is 11th in penalty yardage, Texas A&M is 13th.
- 3rd best red zone offense, worst red zone defense.
- Deontae Skinner has two more tackles than Benardrick McKinney – last year he had half as many (120:62).
- Preston Smith leads the team with 6 TFL and 2 sacks. He also has 3 passed defended and a forced fumble.
- Perkins has a 4.8 YPC average, Josh Robinson is 4.7. Both have just one rushing touchdown.
Topics: Mississippi State Football