- Dan Mullen wasn’t on hand because his wife, Megan, had their 2nd child – a daughter.
- Darius Slay picked off Tyler Russell not once, not twice, but three times! He dropped a potential 4th INT as well.
- Russell was 16 of 33 for 310 yards, 2 TDs and the 3 INTs
- Dak Prescott was 13 of 27 for 154 yards, 0 TDs and 1 INT
- LaDarius Perkins led all rushers with 60 yards on 10 carries. Nick Griffin had 39 yards, Derek Milton 38 and Josh Robinson 26 yards on 13 carries.
- Malcolm Johnson led all receivers with 110 yards on 6 carries. Chad Bumphis had 80 yards.
- Joe Morrow had a one-handed catch that went for a 83-yard touchdown. He had 103 yards on 3 catches.
- Shane McCardell and Preston Smith had two sacks apiece.
- A Bumphis fumble led to a Tavese Calhoun recovery for a 41-yard TD return.
- 57% of the plays were passing
The offense got off to a quick start, but the defense took over from there. Darius Slay was obviously the star of the night. The question is, was it because he can read Russell like a map or because he’s turning a corner and will be competing for a starting corner spot?
Newcomers Denico Autry and Joe Morrow had big showings. Autry gave constant pressure in the backfield, and Morrow’s 83-yard TD grab had a lot of oohs and ahhs.
The annual Maroon & White spring game will be held next Saturday at 5:00.